There are many simple ways to see an aura, weather it involves yourself, someone else or a plant or object. This page will give you some methods on how to see an aura.
- Turn off the lights and lie in bed or another area where you feel most relaxed. You don't want the room to be pitch-black, but you do want as little light as possible. In most cases, streetlights filtering in through the blinds or a nightlight shining in through a crack in the door should be sufficient.
- Hold your hands straight out in front of you. Don't stare hard, just gaze gently. An aura is not always a bright light, usually it is more of a haze.
- To understand the way you should be gazing, keep holding both hands in your line of sight, then focus your gaze on the bedroom wall in front of you. Your hands will be out of focus but still visible.
- Extend your two pointer fingers and very slowly move your hands towards each other so your fingertips are almost touching (think Michelangelo's famous painting on the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel.) The aura will appear as lines of blue and red light between the two barely touching fingertips. Then, try it again with all ten fingertips barely touching.
- Now slowly draw your hands apart, and you'll see slight streams of energy connecting each finger. Encourage your mind to visualize the energy increasing as you move your fingertips together and apart, back and forth. Bringing the fingers tantailizingly close together (but not quite touching) seems to increase and energize the auric flow.
- Grab a living subject – it might be a person or a flower. Place it against a dark background – it will make perceiving auras easier. Turn of the lights, but if you want, you can light up a candle in the room. When everything is prepared, sit down and relax. Start looking – but not directly at the subject, but “behind” it – stare at the point hovering few inches from actually body of your subject. Be sure you’re trying to perceive the aura above living tissue – clothes might make aura view impossible for beginners.
- Stare like this for few minutes. Within this time, you should be able to see something – whatever it will be depends on your perception. Blink freely and let your eyes rest – don’t try to force your aura view. Maybe you don’t have the necessary skills if you can’t see something, or you need some more practise. If you’re able to see colours, that’s great. If you can see particles or waving air, that’s good too. If you can’t see anything, keep practising. If you won’t be able to see anything for few weeks, perhaps you should really focus more on basics of psychic development.
- And that’s basically it – perceive aura by looking for it, yet do not look at it directly, scan “around subjects”, because those are not your eyes that can see aura, it’s your mind and energy body. And be aware that sometimes you might experience aura view unintentionally from time to time.
- Get a partner or stand in front of a mirror. The background (wall, etc) should be blank and preferably white. Rooms that aren't too bright usually seem to work better. Have the subject (or yourself) stand approximately 18 inches from the wall.
- To see the aura, look at the wall behind the person and a couple inches away from their body. Remember the 3-D stereogram pictures that were popular a few years ago, where the trick was to look a few inches into the "noise" to see the 3-D image? The trick to seeing auras uses the same concept. Look beyond where the person is standing. Ignore the person's body; if you look at them you'll lose the aura image.
- You should see an area around the person where the background wall may look lighter than the rest. If you can, try to see the color. If you had to pick any color (besides white) to describe this area, what would it be? Also, different areas of a person's aura may be different colors. The color you pick for one area may be different than another area.
- Once you think you see it, have them sway from side to side. The energy field you see should move with their movement. An after-image would not move with the person, it would only move as your own eyes moved. Also, after-images are the exact opposite color of what you were looking at; auras may be any color.